1. QUALIFICATIONS (Clause 7, MIC Constitution)
A person of either sex shall qualify for membership if he or she:
1. Is a Malaysian citizen of Indian origin an above eighteen years of age;
2. Subscribes to the aims and objects of the Congress;
3. Undertakes to abide by the Constitution and Bye-Laws of the Congress; and
4. He of she is not a member of another political party.
2. APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP (Clause 8A, MIC Constitution)
1. A person intending to be a member shall personally apply for admission on such enrolment form as the Central Working Committee may from time to time prescribe, print and supply. Such form of application when completed shall be forwarded by such person to the Branch Secretary together with the entrance fee and the annual subscription for the current year.
2. Such application form may be made available to an intending applicant by the Branch Congress, Divisional Congress or State Liaison Committee or the Headquarters.
3. A person intending to apply for membership by way of on-line application through internet facility, if available, may do so via the MIC portal and such application shall be accepted as a valid application.
3. MEMBERSHIP FEE / SUBSCRIPTIONS (Clause 12, MIC Constitution)
1. The annual subscription shall be RM 4.00 (Four Malaysian Ringgit) per year.
2. There shall be an entrance fee of RM 3.00 (Three Malaysian Ringgit).
3. A member shall renew his membership annually by paying his subscription in advance for the forthcoming year on or before 30th of November each year;
4. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein before, the current membership of a member shall cease on 31st December.
5. A member at his option pay his subscription for life by paying not less than Five Hundred Ringgit. Provided that no part thereof shall be refundable if for any reason whatsoever his membership ceases.